In honors of Mother’s Day, I’m excited to share with you a super powerful Inner Goddess Glitterfying Ritual that will take you less than five minutes to do and you will feel Ahh-mazing!
You can do it as soon as you wake up in the morning or anytime during the day. It doesn’t really matter when you do it, as long as you actually do it.
Before we get into the steps of our ritual, let’s discuss why would you want to get glitterfied?
Getting glitterfied means to let your Inner Sparkly Goddess Self shine. To love and accept yourself as you are. To sparkle from the inside out. It might seem easy, but sometimes we let other people’s labels and conditions block our inner light. Other times, our own feelings and emotions keep our light from shining brightly.
As super-women and diligent caretakers, we’ve been raised in a culture that has trained us to feel guilty anytime we do anything for ourselves. Anytime “I do anything for myself, I am being selfish”. So, we move about in our day and our lives taking care of everyone else. We take great care of our children, partners, home, businesses and even our pets. We run around from activity to activity and may be, if we are not too tired, at the end of our exhausting day, we find a little time for ourselves.
My proposition today is to glitterfy yourself first instead. Let go of your guilt and get your Inner Goddess to come out and play. When we look at Greek or Egyptian Goddesses like Isis, Venus or Athena through time, we learn to invoke a new astounding attitude in life. We take a powerful stance to receive what we need while accepting who we really are. We connect with a sexy, sparkly and spiritual essence within allowing us to be as we are: bold, beautiful, bountiful. Even within our seeming imperfect curves we learn to be bodacious and shine. This is what it means to get glitterfied. To let your inner sparkly essence shine, just as you are. And in this process, you give others permission to do the same.
Here are four simple steps for your Inner Goddess Glitterfying Ritual:
- Set Your Clear Intention: Light a candle and ignite your intention to bring forward your Inner Goddess as you love yourself fully today. A.k.a be kind with yourself. Let go of self judgement and negative self talk. That means: Be nice to yourself when you look in the mirror. Stop the “I’m too fat, I’m not skinny enough. I’m not toned enough. I shouldn’t have had that ice cream last night. I need to work out more. I wish my arms wouldn’t sag and my butt would look tighter in these jeans”. Is that how a Goddess speaks? No way! Give yourself a break! Just for today, accept yourself as you are. ‘Cause you are really amazing! You are the best solution seeker and problem solver. You are sexy, smart and resourceful. You are creative, beautiful and totally intuitive. You always knows what everybody needs. Cut yourself some slack and enjoy the ride for once. Be nice to yourself today!
- Invoke the Breath of the Goddess: Hug your inner goddess (by hugging yourself) and take three deep breaths in and out. How do you feel now? When you take time to breathe, you get time to connect within. You let go of the outside world, even for just a few seconds. You release labels, conditions and rules that tell you who you “should” be or how to behave. Breathing inspires you to connect your energy and awareness with our Inner Goddess and her wonderful world of passion, power and possibility.
- Wear something sparkly & invite your inner goddess to play: You’ve already set your intention, taken a deep breath and connected with your inner goddess. Now, it’s time to ask her to come out and play. What better way to do it than to wear something sparkly? Bring out a colorful scarf, a shiny shirt or a little sparkly eyeliner.
Ask: Inner goddess, what do you need to receive today? Pause, listen and notice what she says. Then, give your goddess what she needs. Let her show you how to love and appreciate you more. Let her allure you into her sexy world.
- Say this affirmation: I am brave. I am bold. I am bodacious. Repeat this affirmation out loud at least three times and say it in your mind any time you need reinforcement during your day. Most importantly, take your Goddess stance today and feel her emerging within you!
Join us for our
Inner Goddess Glitterfying Stance Contest
Just follow these simple instructions:
- Strike a Goddess pose.
- Take a selfie and
- Share how you are bringing your goddess out to play today. What are you doing for yourself today?
Post on FB, instagram, pinterest or twitter with #InnerGlitterfyingGoddess or #IGG
Everyone participating enters to win an Urban Decay gold glitter eyeliner.
Get your glitter on!
Be bodacious & enjoy yourself!